Saturday, June 27, 2009

THIS I KNOW

Religious Children's Song, This I Know was written for our son. At age 5, he was scared about going to school for the first time. I remember laying beside him on his bed one night and talking to him about how he could pray and ask Heavenly Father to help him have courage, and how the Holy Ghost could help him feel safe. Several years later, as his baptism approached, I decided to write our son a song that he and the girls could sing for that special day. As I thought about what I wanted him to know, I remembered that conversation we had years earlier when he was scared--and how it was the simple gospel principles of faith, prayer and love that brought him the comfort and strength that he needed. Many of the exact words we shared that night are right here in his song. I am grateful for a loving Heavenly Father, who gave a worried mom the help I needed to calm a little boy's fears!

*To Print: Left click on the picture; it will open a window with full sized music.








No comments:

Post a Comment